How Does Financial Partners Collect and Use My Information?
Financial Partners may collect and use your personal information to respond to your requests for our financial products and services, or to provide you with information about products or services that may be of value to you. Certain personal information Financial Partners collects about you may be publicly available via government records, telephone books, and other widely available media (i.e., the Internet). However, we treat all information you provide to us as non-public.
- Information you provide. Financial Partners collects the personal information you provide when you contact FPCU with a questions or suggestions about its financial products and services.
- Information collected from other sources. Financial Partners may also collect information about you from consumer reporting agencies.
- Technical information. Financial Partners may use technology to gather information from your Web browser (IP address, operating systems); set persistent cookies on your computer; and collect anonymous, non-personally identifiable information about your navigation throughout our Web site by using "action tags" or invisible "gifs" placed on our Web site by FPCU or our business partners. We use this information for routine Web site maintenance; to establish that you are a unique user and/or for purposes of assessing the effectiveness of our website, products and services.
- Third-party advertisements. Financial Partners may use third-party advertising companies who collect information about you when you indicate an interest in FPCU’s financial products or services.
Does Financial Partners Share My Personal Information With Third Parties?
Financial Partners may share your personal information:
- With companies involved in the credit evaluation process. For example, credit reporting agencies and your creditors are an integral part of establishing a credit history. Therefore, we must provide some of your information to these companies in order to extend credit to you.
- With companies that perform services on our behalf. For example, FPCU sometimes uses service providers to assist us with specific processes or functions such as distributing e-mails for us, or collecting survey information from our members. We require the service providers we use to sign business agreements restricting their use of your information to fulfilling the contracted service.
- As required by law. For example, we may be required to share your information with law enforcement or government agencies in response to a subpoena, state/federal audit or other similar circumstances.
The FPCU Web site may link you to other companies' websites that offer services that may be of interest to you. These companies do not obtain any specific information about you or your account from the FPCU Web site. You may also access the FPCU Web site from other companies’ Web sites. We may collect Web traffic statistics from you and other consumers' Web browsers, and we may share this aggregated information with outside companies to assist them with assessing the effectiveness of our Web site content. No personal information is shared in this aggregated information.
Regarding "Do Not Track" signals, FPCU does not use tracking information or pass this type of information to third parties. FPCU's web server automatically recognizes only your IP address when you visit our site. It does not recognize your email address or other information.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA") Disclosure
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA") restricts the collection, use, or disclosure of PersonalInformation from and about children under the age of 13 on the internet. Financial Partners Credit Union is committed to protecting the online privacy of the children who visit our Site and complying with COPPA.
In general, our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we request that children under the age of 13 not provide Personal Information through the Site. We may, however, elect to provide contest information on our Site for our youth Members, which includes children under the age of thirteen (13). Youth Members who identify themselves to be under the age of thirteen (13) will not be permitted to submit any Personal Information on our contest Site.
We may collect information on domain names, dates and times of visits, and number of page views. This information contains no Personal Information and will only be used to continue to improve the overall value of our Site. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information from children under 13 on the internet without prior parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about COPPA.
Can I Opt-Out of Communications from FPCU?
Financial Partners always provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of communications offering our financial products and services. You can opt-out of marketing communications at anytime by emailing support@FPCU.org.
How Does FPCU Safeguard My Personal Information?
FPCU uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing any personal information transmitted to or from FPCU during your session. We have also obtained a digital certificate for www.FPCU.org and its subdomains.
How Long Will My Information Be Stored?
We maintain electronic and hardcopy application and settlement information for a period of at least seven years in accordance with federal and state laws.
Whom May I Contact for Privacy Related Issues?
To report any known or suspected privacy or security breaches or to submit privacy-related questions or complaints, you may contact FPCU’s Compliance Officer at 800-950-7328.
Federal privacy notice
(last revision: May 2020)
California privacy form (last revision: May 2019)